- iPAD is coming along to allow research out on the trail, blogging, email and keeping in touch with the online world
- Camera - picked up a compact point and shoot - Nikon coolpix 5100
- Apple camera connection kit, means I can download straight from the camera onto the iPAD. Which is a great backup and I can then upload straight to the blog or photo sharing
- Garmin Edge 500 GPS - only for logging data. Would have been nice to upgrade to a Edge 800, but I think it is probably overkill. Unfortunately still haven't found a way to connect the Garmin up to the iPAD, do its likely I will just be downloading the data once I get home
- Blogsy - app for creating blogger posts. This app is quite good, it has a lot of built in formatting and links directly to the iPAD for photo uploading or to other photo websites like Flickr etc and will format all the embedding into the blog post
- DirectU Europe maps - totally free app. Offline map resource for all over Europe, powered by openmap. Would probably be nice if you could specify regions, because the entire content for Europe is quite large and not required.
- Various local regional travel apps for Spanish towns, there are quite a few local councils who have created apps which include local sights etc